Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 23 May 2018
By submitting an order on this website, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
The supplier is:
3 Conduit Mews
London SE18 7AP
tel: +44 20 8316 5389
email: [email protected]
VAT number: GB 527 4079 39
The Chapter Two Trust is a registered Charity No. 1053047
Acceptance of order
- We will confirm receipt of each order submitted on our website by message on the website immediately after you have confirmed and submitted your order (by clicking the "checkout" button). If you do not receive a confirmation message, please contact us.
- Your order represents an offer to us to purchase the goods described in your order. We will confirm acceptance of your order by email to the email address you have provided to us. The contract between you and us will be made upon our sending the acceptance email. If you do not receive an acceptance email, please contact us as you will be liable for the order from the time we send the acceptance email.
- We reserve the right not to accept orders for any reason.
- After sending the acceptance email, we will supply the goods in your order to you in accordance with these terms and conditions and any other terms and conditions stated in the acceptance email.
- The goods advertised on our website are offered for sale subject to availability. In the event any good you order is not available, we will inform you of this as soon as possible and will give you the opportunity to cancel your order altogether or to proceed with the remainder of the order. We may offer alternative goods to you for your consideration.
- Subject to clause 3.A, you will pay the price of the goods plus any associated delivery charges as quoted on the website at the time you confirm and submit your order (by clicking the "checkout" button) or, in the case of alternative goods offered pursuant to clause 3.A, the price of the alternative goods at the time we offer them to you (which price will be stated in our offer).
- If an inadvertent technical error causes incorrect prices to be displayed on our website, we reserve the right to cancel your order without further liability on our part. Before doing so, we will contact you by email to ask whether you want to continue with the order at the correct prices.
- All prices on our website include any VAT payable but exclude delivery which will be calculated separately during the order process.
- Payments for orders on our website must be made via PayPal.
- Orders will only be delivered once we have successfully processed a transaction for the value of the order and any associated delivery charges via PayPal.
- We reserve the right to terminate our contract with you if we are refused authority for payment or reasonably believe that payment will be refused at any stage.
- You agree to compensate us in full against all reasonable costs expenses and outgoings incurred by us in obtaining payments from you in the event a failed payment occurs.
- We will not have any liability to you for orders which are delayed during delivery.
- When ordering goods for delivery outside the United Kingdom, the goods may be subject to import duties and taxes during transit and/or upon receipt at the specified destination. You will be solely liable for all such duties and taxes and for all additional charges for customs clearance and will indemnify us against any such duties, taxes and charges.
- If the goods delivered to you are incomplete or include incorrect goods, you must notify us promptly. You will not be charged for any incorrect goods or goods which you have not received.
- If you live in the European Union, you may cancel your order at any time up to the end of the 14th day after the goods are received by you or the third party to whom you specified they should be delivered. To cancel an order pursuant to this clause, please send an email to [email protected]. You will be responsible for the costs of returning any goods to us if you exercise your cancellation right under this clause.
- If you cancel an order pursuant to clause 6.A, we will refund the cost of the order (including any delivery charge) to you as soon as possible subject to the remaining provisions of this clause. However, you must take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession and return the goods to us as soon as possible. If you do not return the goods, we may charge you the cost of having the goods returned to us.
- Please note that we cannot accept cancellations of orders for any video, DVD, audio or software product if the product has been unsealed.
- If you create an account on our website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorised access to your account.
- You will be responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner.
- Your contract will be governed by the law of England.
- Subject to statute, our maximum liability arising out of or in connection with any order will be limited to the retail price of the goods contained in that order.
- If any of these terms and conditions are held to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining terms and conditions which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We will not be responsible for any business loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure) or any other indirect or consequential loss arising out of or connected with your order.
- The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded.
- The privacy notice at www.chaptertwobooks.co.uk/privacy forms part of these terms and conditions.
Changes to terms and conditionsWe may update these terms and conditions from time to time. Any future order will be governed by the terms and conditions published on our website at the date of that order.